"Tools guide thinking" - Cem KanerBack then, Cem discussed tools that would support exploratory thinking, giving examples like mindmaps and atlas.ti. But looking back at that insight today, the tools that guide a rich multi-dimensional thinking can be tools we think of as test automation.
We have a tool we refer to as TA - short-hand for Test Automation. It is more than a set of scripts doing testing, but it is also a set of scripts doing testing. To shortly describe the parts:
- machinery around spawning virtual environments
- job orchestration and remote control of the virtual machines
- test runners and their extensions for versatile logging
- layers of scripts to run on the virtual environments
- execution status, both snapshot and event-based timelining