Last week I called for Selenium newbies to learn to set up and run tests on their own computer, and create material I could edit a video out of. I have no idea if I ever manage to get to editing the video, but having now had a few sessions, writing about it seemed like a good use of an evening.
There are two essentially different things I mean by a newbie experience:
- Newbies to it all - testing, programming, browser automation. I love teaching this group and observing how quickly people learn in context of doing.
- Newbies to browser automation library. I love teaching this group too. Usually more about testing (and finding bugs with automation), and observing what comes in the way of taking a new tool into use.
- From empty project to tools installed
- From tools installed to first test
- Assessing the testing this enables
From Empty Project To Tools Installed - Experience Over Time