For the last 10 months, I've worked on a project that assigned me end to end testing responsibility. As I joined the project, I had little clue on what the work would end up being. I trusted that like all other work, things will sort out actively learning about it.
Armed with the idea of job crafting ('make the job you have the job you want') I knew what I wanted:
- principal engineer position with space for hands-on work
- making an impact, being responsible
- working with people, not alone
- tester within a team
- test manager within a project delivering a system
- test coach within the organization