As I'm quick to jump to conclusions and have talked with the colleague every now and then, I started listing things they could have done:
- Collaborate? (this is not a testers only team, but a development team)
- Test continuously? (I know they do, having heard bits of interesting yet vague information)
- Focus on value, not documents? (Some information is valuable, some is worth remembering)
- Create test automation? (Couldn't expect any less from a great exploratory tester my colleague is)
- Have good people who learn and become better? (It wasn't always easy)
I love hearing good news. And I love delivering useful, working software with quality information.